What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. These files are stored through your devices web browser when you visit a website. Cookies help the website recognize your device the next time you visit it. We use the term cookies in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this form and the term website to refer to Stars Insider.
The cookies used on our websites do not collect information that identifies the user. Cookies collect generic information, such as how users are directed to and use our websites, or the countries / areas of a country from which they access the websites.
Cookies only retain information related to your preferences.
At any time, the user may receive notifications through their browsers that cookies are being used as well as block them from being stored.
Refusal to store cookies may result in the inability to access some areas of our websites and prevent you from receiving a personalized service.
What are cookies used for
Cookies are used to help determine the use, interest, and how the websites are used, enabling faster and more efficient browsing and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information
What kind of cookies do we use
Our cookies have different purposes:
- Essential Cookies - Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our websites. These allow website navigation and usage of its applications, such as accessing secure areas of the website through a login. Without cookies, these services can not be provided.
- Analytic cookies - We use these cookies to analyze how users use our websites and to monitor their performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offer and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that may arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on the use of the websites, we may also use these cookies to highlight articles or services of the website that we think are of interest to users. These cookies are solely used for statistical and analytical purposes without ever collecting personal information.
- Feature Cookies - We use feature cookies to allow us to recall user preferences. For example, cookies mean the user does not have to type their name every time they access the website. We also use feature cookies to provide advanced user services, such as commenting on an article.
In short, feature cookies save your preferences, so you do not need to do everything again each time you visit the website..
- Third-party cookies - These are used to measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising.
- Advertising Cookies - These are used to target advertising based on the interests of each user, allowing you to limit the number of times the ad is displayed. These cookies help measure the effectiveness of advertising, without identifying the user.
The cookies we use can be:
- Permanent cookies - These are stored in the devices browser (computer, cell phone, tablet, etc.) and are used whenever the user visits the website. Generally, they are used to direct the navigation according to the users interests, allowing us to deliver a more personalized service.
- Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that are hosted in your browser until you leave the website. The information obtained allows us to identify problems and provide you with a better browsing experience.
How to block / disable cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of our websites, so by turning off cookies, parts of our websites may not work properly.
The user can disable some or all of our cookies as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 1. Click on "Tools" and choose "Internet Options;
- 2. Select the "Privacy" tab;
- 3. Move the bar according to the level of privacy you want (at the top you will see "Block all cookies").
- 1. Click on "Tools";
- 2. Select "Options";
- 3. Click the "Privacy" icon on the top panel;
- 4. Choose your option in the "Cookies" section;
- 5. Click "OK" to save your changes and close the window.
- 1. Go to the Menu bar and click on "Edit";
- 2. Click on "Preferences";
- 3.On the top panel, select the "Privacy" icon;
- 4. In the "Accept cookies" section, select your option.
Please look in the "Help" menu or contact your browser provider.
Our newsletters can, for statistical purposes, contain a single "pixel" that lets us know if they are open and check the clicks through links or ads within the newsletter.
The user can opt-out of receiving our newsletter. This can done in the newsletter itself.
For more information about cookies and their use, please visit: All About Cookies.