Man has arm amputated after eating sushi
Something fishy going on
© Getty Images
Are you a sushi lover? Think again before you continue reading. According to The Sun, a South Korean man had his hand and forearm got amputated after eating sushi.
The 71- year- old man was overwhelmed with unbearable pain in his hand the day after eating the raw fish. When he went to the hospital two days later his hand had turned pink and swollen. The hand was covered with enormous blood-filled sac and fluid-filled lumps. Immediately he was referred to the surgery department.
Tests revealed that the man was infected with vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacteria found in salty water. People can get infected with the bacteria when eating seafood or having an open wound exposed to the bacteria.
The man was treated with antibiotics, but because he suffered from diabetes, his immune system has been affected and the medication didn't help. Meanwhile, the infection was spreading through his body and there was no other way to stop it than to amputate his hand and forearm. Yikes!
Do you still crave that sushi?
CELEBRITY Jonathan Van Ness
How to get a makeover from Jonathan Van Ness from 'Queer Eye'
'Money heist:' Take a tour around the cities that inspired the characters' code names
MUSIC ella mai
How a British ‘X Factor’ reject conquered America
CELEBRITY Kathy Griffin
Kathy Griffin vents about Roseanne Barr controversy
CELEBRITY dua lipa
Dua Lipa shuts down rumors of dating Real Madrid player
YouTube stars Liza Koshy and David Dobrik announce breakup
CELEBRITY Demi Lovato
Demi Lovato's overdose: Oxycodone laced with fentanyl almost killed the star
CELEBRITY The Office
Angela from 'The Office' drags relatives for using her image for Tinder
Hollywood Instagram model fight left a woman with a shattered eye socket
CELEBRITY Kanye West
Kanye West may be hired as creative director for the PornHub Awards