Fictional inventions from 'The Jetsons' that are real now
"Meet George Jetson"
© Getty Images
TV The Jetsons
1. The TV Watch: While we can't watch Netflix on our Apple Watches just yet, we are scary close.
2. Rosie the Robot: In the modern age of artificial intelligence feats, it's impressive to think how much technology aids or day to day lives. While we don't have an all-in-one maid robot, we have the Roomba to clean, and Siri to talk to.
3. Food-a-Rac-a-Cycle: One of the most envied technological advances on 'The Jetsons' was the machine that could create delicious food at the touch of a button. 3D Printing is getting us closer and closer to beef stroganoff on demand than ever before.
4. Video Chat: Welcome to the future. In 'The Jetsons' they used video chat for almost all communication. With Facetime, Skype, and Google Hangouts, we can video chat just like George and Jane.
5. Peek-a-Boo Prober Capsules: In one episode where George gets sick and goes to the doctor, they have him swallow a pill to take images of his organs in order to figure out what was wrong. A PillCam is a real thing that medical experts currently use for endoscopies and diagnosing gastrointestinal problems.
Musical animals: creatures that feature on songs
Prepare yourself for lots of British royal cuteness
LIFESTYLE Natural disaster
Cyclones to tsunamis: some of the worst natural disasters of this millennium
The food industry's biggest scandals
LIFESTYLE Security alerts
Secret code words you're not supposed to know
CELEBRITY Blake Lively
Couple goals: Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are expecting!
Metalheads: Celebs you didn't know are headbangers
Starstruck! Celebs who fangirl over other celebs
Strict rules celebs have for their kids
Tasty travel snacks that are healthy and hassle-free