Fictional inventions from 'The Jetsons' that are real now
"Meet George Jetson"
© Getty Images
TV The Jetsons
1. The TV Watch: While we can't watch Netflix on our Apple Watches just yet, we are scary close.
2. Rosie the Robot: In the modern age of artificial intelligence feats, it's impressive to think how much technology aids or day to day lives. While we don't have an all-in-one maid robot, we have the Roomba to clean, and Siri to talk to.
3. Food-a-Rac-a-Cycle: One of the most envied technological advances on 'The Jetsons' was the machine that could create delicious food at the touch of a button. 3D Printing is getting us closer and closer to beef stroganoff on demand than ever before.
4. Video Chat: Welcome to the future. In 'The Jetsons' they used video chat for almost all communication. With Facetime, Skype, and Google Hangouts, we can video chat just like George and Jane.
5. Peek-a-Boo Prober Capsules: In one episode where George gets sick and goes to the doctor, they have him swallow a pill to take images of his organs in order to figure out what was wrong. A PillCam is a real thing that medical experts currently use for endoscopies and diagnosing gastrointestinal problems.
CELEBRITY Celebrity relationships
TRAVEL Historic city gates
LIFESTYLE 4th of july
CELEBRITY Celine dion
LIFESTYLE Wimbledon 2019